So as a result of my 2012 goals, I am going to do a recap of each month of things that I've checked off my list, plus additional accomplishments. Meghan, Lori, Meghan, and Whitney are hosting a link-up every month for us to share our progress for the year, and I was happy to join in!
- Be happy. I read The Happiness Project, and I worked on focusing on what truly makes me happy and actively acknowledging and enjoying simple moments.
- Relax more. I chose not to do dishes every single day, and instead I would sit on the couch and read.
- Write. I submitted another story to Chicken Soup, which also crosses off part of #23 from my 24 Before 24 list.
- Read at least one book a month. I read 4: The Happiness Project, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mocking Jay
- Cook a new recipe once a month. (Quinoa and Peas, Turkey Meatballs, Baked Ziti, Amanda's Farfalle)
- Save money. I put away a portion of my paycheck that I would have spent on clothes/home stuff. I also started the "$5 Savings Jar."
- No shop months. Didn't shop for all of January! Even when our coffee maker broke...
- Give once a month. I sent in the rest of my change to The Shine Project. I also donated $5 when I registered for one of my running races.
Extra Accomplishments for the Month:
- Ran my first race of the year - Joe Kleinerman 10k
- Started half marathon training
- Finally went to a doctor about my knee and hip pain
- Did the entire month of the De-Clutter Calendar for January
- Spent an entire day writing (crossed off #1 from 24 Before 24 list)
- Ate more fruits and veggies
- Booked my flight to Nashville for the Rock 'n' Roll Country Half!