Friday, June 22, 2012
No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles
Trust me, they do! My portions for the almond bark were off, hence the clumpy look, but they still taste amazeballs. (Yes, I ate way too many in the span of 24 hours.)
Easy, No-Bake Cake Batter Truffles:
1 box Fufetti cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 bag of color burst Candy Melts
1. Pour cake mix into bowl, scoop out 2 to 3 tablespoons of cake mix and set aside for later.
2. Melt butter completely and stir into cake mix. Add vegetable oil and mix. The consistency should be similar to cookie dough.
3. Form into small balls and place on baking sheet.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
5. Melt Candy Melts in microwave in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
6. Stir in the tablespoons of cake mix from earlier.
7. Dip balls one at a time into candy melt mixture, ensuring that they're completely coated.
8. Place on baking sheet.
9. Once all of them are coated, refrigerate over night.