- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 20 oz. bag frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups yellow corn meal
- Plus salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 475* Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Spray the inside of a gallon-sized ziploc bag with cooking spray. Add the okra, teaspoon of salt, and teaspoon of pepper. Close the bag and shake well to blend. Let the bag sit for ten minutes.
3. Add the cornmeal to the bag and shake well to ensure all of the okra is coated. Let sit for 10 minutes, then shake again.
4. Using a mesh strainer or colander, scoop out okra and shake the colander in the bag to remove excess cornmeal, then place okra on baking sheet. Repeat until all okra is removed. Discard the remaining cornmeal and bag.
5. Spray the okra generously with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
6. Remove from the oven, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!