If any of you read my post over on Meghan's blog, then you would know that I don't make multiple New Year's resolutions. I make just one: be happy. But as I have looked back on 2011 and thought about my favorite moments, I want to set some new goals for the year on top of my yearly lists.
I have come to terms with the fact that I won't ever fully complete my lists, but at least I get to cross the majority off and that's more than I can say I used to do. So here are my 2012 goals:
- Be happy.
- Relax more. (The house doesn't have to be spotless. The bed doesn't have to be made perfectly every day. It's okay to just sit on the couch.)
- Write when I feel inspired, even if this means getting out of bed at 2AM.
- Read at least one book a month.
- Cook a new recipe once a month.
- Save money. Set a goal amount per month to put away, no matter what.
- No shop months. One per quarter (January, May, July, October)
- Give once a month. Even if it's a dollar at the check out for a charity or an extra generous tip.
I wanted to be realistic with my goals and not set my sights too high. Posting my goals will hold me accountable. So now it's time to hit up the library, pick some recipes, and not shop this month... Have you set goals for the new year? What are you aiming for?