|Ingredients for a tasty lunch!|
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 jar of Tostitos Hot Salsa, used for dipping
- 1 bag of Reduced Fat shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 bag of Tostitos Scoops
- Optional, vanilla (or any flavor) ice cream on the side
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice jalapeños and leave in the seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay about two-thirds of the scoops across the baking sheet. (I made them so they weren't on top of each other.)
- Evenly sprinkle the entire bag of cheese across the chips. Then layer the jalapeños over the chips and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes, then enjoy!
So where does the ice cream come into play? Well after I had one chip with a jalapeño, I started sweating. My ears were ringing because it was so spicy! M grabbed a pint of ice cream from his freezer for us. With just one spoonful of ice cream, I could taste again and enjoy more nachos without the jalapeños on them. Suggestions for the next time, no seeds from the jalapeños and have sour cream and/or guacamole as sides for dipping too.
|Ready to be baked!|
|Nachos cooling before we devoured them all!|
|The last crumbs... Do you see the ice cream next to the baking sheet?|